Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chicken Parmesan Meatballs

Thomas and I love love love Italian food.  And out of all of the Italian foods that exist, we really really love chicken parm.  So when I saw this recipe for Chicken Parmesan Meatballs on Pinterest, I just knew I had to make them.


And boy, did they live up to my expectations!  They were delicious!  We served them we some pasta and marinara sauce, a fresh salad, and some garlic bread!  Yum yum!


Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
Adapted from: Bake Your Day
Makes: approximately 24

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon parsley 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Marinara sauce for serving
Your favorite pasta noodles for serving

Directions:
  1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9x13 rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Mix all of the  ingredients (except pasta sauce and noodles) in a large bowl until combined. I really got in there with my hands.  But beware, it's really cold.
  3. Scoop the mixture out and roll into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. 
  4. Bake in the 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. The center of the meatball should read 165-170 degrees.
  5. Serve with pasta and sauce and a fresh salad!
***Freezing Note:  I made the meatballs and then froze the leftovers.  On the day we wanted to eat the leftovers, I thawed the meatballs briefly and then stuck them in the oven for about 15 minutes to warm up again, and they turned out great the second time too!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment