Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yahweh-Yireh (Again)

I wrote a post last April about how the Lord provides in ways we often don't expect.  That's what "Yahweh-yireh" means: the Lord will provide.  And though more than a year has passed since that post, the Lord has not stopped providing for Thomas and me.

Our decision to move to St. Louis was so fast and so sure that we just knew God was laying out the path before us.  When we prayed for God to basically smack us in the faces with the plan, He obliged.

And He has continued to assure us that this is His plan, and we are safe in His arms.

The biggest way He has provided since we got to St. Louis is with jobs.  Within five days of moving here, Thomas and I both interviewed for and were offered jobs!  Within five days!  Now, if that's not proof that God still works miracles, I don't know what would be!

So we are getting settled in our new town, new home, and new jobs.  It's still tough though.  There are a lot of little things that hit me periodically to make me miss Florida and the life we had there.

The weather here certainly isn't helping.  It has been cloudy and rainy pretty much everyday since we got here.  And that's probably one of the things that's bothering me most right now.  I sincerely miss the brilliant sunshine.  But instead, this is what I've got:
I snapped this photo on my way home from work yesterday afternoon.  Yes, in the middle of the day, this is how dark it was.  Now, don't get me wrong, it did rain and storm occasionally in Florida, but not for a whole depressing week.  I just have to keep remembering that the sunshine will return eventually.

...And that the Lord provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment