Monday, June 2, 2014

Hello to Missouri

Well, I'm exhausted!  It has been a very tiring weekend.  Here's the snapshot:

Friday - Loaded everything we own into a UHaul in the morning, then drove 9.5 hours to Atlanta to stop for the night.
Saturday - Drove 12 hours from Atlanta to St. Louis, then cleaned out Thomas' parents' basement (where we're living for a few months) as much as we could so that we could move in the next morning.
Sunday - Unloaded everything we own into our new home, tried desperately to make everything "fit" into a much smaller space.

Ok, so now that I've written that up and read it, it doesn't really sound that bad.  But I am exhausted beyond all belief.  It doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping well for the past two weeks or so with so much on my mind.  Hopefully that will begin to remedy itself.

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you would have seen the progress of our journey from Florida to Missouri.

Here are a few things I'm loving about being back in Missouri so far:

Imo's Pizza!  I have missed this delicious "square beyond compare".  This was our first Missouri meal.

Qdoba!  So, so, so much better than Chipotle or Moe's.  No comparison whatsoever!

QT!  Yes, it sounds silly to be excited about a gas station, but these are the most respectable, reliable gas stations ever.  Thank goodness we are done with Florida's unreliable gas stations.

"My" new kitchen!  Ok, so it's not actually mine.  It's my mother-in-law's.  But I get to take over the cooking while we're living at their house for the next few months, and I'm really excited to get to use her brand new, top of the line kitchen!  (I'll take some pics sometime to show you!)

Those are just the few experiences we've had since being back.

Here are some things to look forward to on the blog as I get back into the swing of things now that the move is winding down:

A review of X-Men: Days of Future Past - Hint hint:  I LOVED it!
A new recipe - That's right!  There will be a new dessert recipe up later this week.
My June Julep box - It came in the mail today!
More Missouri Updates - I'm sure I'll have more to share in this department.

No comments:

Post a Comment