Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Musings from the past few days

I've been quite boring lately.  It's hard to find things to blog about right now because I'm not really doing too much each day.  I haven't been baking too much (sad face), and since I don't have a working car at my disposal at the moment, I'm not able to do too much either.  But, I have saved up a few things to fill up a post!

I am still going strong on my running program.  I'm halfway through week 3 right now and haven't skipped a day or woos-ed out yet!  Woohoo!  (I don't think I've mentioned yet that its a ten week plan.)  This morning was pretty tough though.  I did a harder non-running workout yesterday than I'm used to, and I ran a little too soon after breakfast time.  But I pushed through and made it!

Thomas has bought me a few small gifts lately.  (I'm thinking it's partly out of guilt for leaving me here when he had to travel back to St. Louis last weekend, but hey, I'll take presents no matter what the reason!)  I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that receiving gifts is one of my strong love languages.  Which I don't really like, I feel like its pretty much the most selfish and shallow of the love languages, but it works for me.  He bought "Frozen" for me upon coming home from St. Louis, and Lolo and I watched it in bed the other night.  (Ok, so Lo didn't watch the entire movie, just parts of it.)


We (I) made milkshakes from Blue Bell's Banana Pudding ice cream on Monday, and they were heavenly!  The ice cream tastes just like banana pudding and even has vanilla wafer pieces in it.  Oh so yum!!!


I finally got around to taking a few photos of my new scarf this morning.  It has been finished and sitting around the house for a while, and I've just never bothered to throw it on to take photos.  You won't see much of me in the photos because I have yet to put on make up or do my hair today.  I'll get there, just not yet.


Anyway, the scarf turned out pretty.  It is very shiny and a little stiff.  But thicker scarves always need a few washes to soften and limber them up a bit.


Yesterday I had quite a bit of human interaction (yay!) which was totally awesome at the time.  But, that also makes the lack of it seem a little more obvious today.  It makes me just want to sit on the couch, watch a movie, and eat everything in sight.  However, I am finding plenty of other productive things to do in order to keep my mind and my hands busy.  I will not let the enemy ruin my thought life today.

Anywho... That's about all I've got.  I'm feeling some more philosophical posts coming on in the near future.  My thought life is pretty deep at the moment.  Also, I like to write poetry, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to share my poems here for everyone to read.  I'm thinking about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment