Friday, February 28, 2014

Deep Dish Cinnamon Chip Cookie for One

I have a confession to make.  Recently I have fallen into a pit.  A "I can't wait until after dinner to have a dessert; I must have a dessert now" pit.  And I fall into this pit just about every day around 2pm.  It's terrible.  I really need to kick this middle-of-the-day super-unhealthy-snack thing.  But it's just so difficult.  I'm home... There's a well equipped kitchen right there... Heck, there's a pantry with canned icing and vanilla wafers right there for all I care!  I'll take anything!

But I have really, really fallen in love with this single serving chocolate chip cookie that I found on No. 2 Pencil via Pinterest.  It's super easy to make and ready in about 5 minutes.  And soooo soooooooo good!  Especially because I really don't mind eating raw egg every once in a while, so I don't cookie my cookie quite all the way through and half of it is basically really warm melty cookie dough.  Yum... I'm about to go make myself another one just talking about it.


But today, I decided to try something a little different.  We all know how much I love cinnamon, and while I was stirring up this cookie today, I ran across a mostly empty bag of cinnamon chips that has been sitting in my pantry for a while now.  And I thought... Ooh, maybe I could make a cinnamon chip cookie!


...So, I did!  I tweaked the chocolate chip cookie recipe a little bit to make it mesh better with the cinnamon chips, tossed it in the microwave.  And could barely make it through the whole 5 photos I took before chowing down on it.  And boy was it yummy!  There is nothing quite like a hot gooey chocolate chip cookie, but this one was close.  The extra sugar, cinnamon, and cinnamon chips were delicious!  I will definitely be making this puppy again.


Deep Dish Cinnamon Chip Cookie for One
Adapted from: No. 2 Pencil

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter, melted (butter, not margarine)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
Splash of vanilla
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Scant 1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon chips

Directions:
  1. Melt butter in a ramekin (or mug).
  2. Stir in the sugars and vanilla.
  3. Add the egg yolk; stir.
  4. Add the flour and cinnamon; mix until fully incorporated.
  5. Add the cinnamon chips and mix together.
  6. Microwave for 50 seconds to 1 minute.  (Adjust time for your microwave, but don't cook it too long or it will become tough.)
  7. Let cool for a few minutes before digging in.  This goes really well with a scoop of ice cream too!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment