Wednesday, May 22, 2013

SUMMER!!! {Wednesday Wins}

Woohoo!!!  School is officially out for the summer!  (I still have to go back in to work to finish packing up my stuff and everything.)  Yay!!!!

And what better way to start summer than with a delicious recipe and a to-do list a mile long!  Lol.  That second half is partially sarcastic, partially totally serious.  I love to-do lists, but at the same time, I'm spending my first night of summer at home, alone, trying to get stuff done.

But, Thomas and I decided to celebrate tomorrow night, so we're going to one of our FAVORITE restaurants and seeing a movie.  Summer for me really starts tomorrow afternoon.

So, tonight, it's down to business.  But first... a delicious, delicious treat!  I found this one courtesy of Shugary Sweets via Pinterest.  And, at our house, if it has "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" in the title, you say thank you very much and eat the whole bowl.

This dip is awesome.  But beware... it is very addicting.  On Saturday night, when I made the dip, I ended up eating so much that I woke up at 3:30 am feeling awful!  Now, this probably won't be as much of a problem for you, but when I find something good, I really struggle with gluttony.  So, here it is!

(Oh, and I also used fat free cream cheese to try and make it a little healthier, but this dip is still definitely horrible for you!  Lol.)
Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
From Shugary Sweets

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 8 ounce package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis
Directions:
  • In a small saucepan, melt the butter.  Then add the brown sugar and stir well.
  • Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before continuing.
  • In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter together.
  • Stir in the cooled butter mixture.
  • Add in chocolate chips and Reese's.
  • Enjoy with graham crackers, pretzels, Ritz crackers, etc.  (The salty pretzels are really good since the dip is really sweet.)
  • Store in the fridge (if there's any left!).
Yummy!!!

I won't bore you guys with my to-do list because it's insanely long and wouldn't mean a thing to you.  So,  happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment